Le 03/03/2014 11:38, Fernando de Oliveira a écrit :
> Em 02-03-2014 21:41, Armin K. escreveu:
>> I am pleased to announce the first stable release of the Linux From
>> Scratch book that is using systemd as the init system.
> Congratulations! I am pleased we have LFS systemd.
>
>> Unfortunately, there is no release of BLFS that follows this book. There
>> are notes[4] for building packages from current BLFS svn (soon to be
>> BLFS 7.5) book on LFS systemd.
> As I said, I would not like to have BLFS become hybrid. However I really
> would like to have a BLFS systemd. What I am opposed is to mix them in
> the same tree.
>
> I have questions.
>
> (1) In [4], you seem to show that I can make a copy of my BLFS-7.5-c1
> and transform it in systemd.
>
> (2) Some packages would need to be reinstalled to provide units.
>
> (3) I remember it has been asked, but do not remember the answer: can
> jhalfs build LFS systemd? If not it would be good to include it.
Yes it can. More information in this recent thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/alfs-discuss@linuxfromscratch.org/msg03545.html

The answer from Chris gives one solution, and the last post gives other
possibilities.

> I would like to try systemd, to see how difficult it would be for me to
> include systemd updates to BLFS systemd.
>
> Because, I wanted the same as with LFS: two books. And wanted to see how
> much I could contribute. If what Bruce says that only about 25% of
> packages would need modifications, I think that Armin and I could take
> care of those.
I have no strong feeling about the "hybrid" book or not after DJ's and
Bruce's answers. Owing to the pace of updating the BLFS book and the
difficulty for merging between branches with subversion, a "hybrid"
could be a good solution. Of course, switching to git might be another
one...

Pierre