On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 11:46:13PM +0100, Armin K. wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm in process of looking at what would be necessary and how hard it
> would be to convert current LFS repositories from subversion to git.
>
> One of the steps (optional though) is conversion of subversion user
> names to proper git format "Real name <em...@address.meh>".
>
> highos = Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee
 see below

> # Not sure
> spyro = Ian Molton
 That is right.

> # Unknown
> archaic = archaic
 I suspect you'll never get a real name for him.

> jesse = jesse

 Probably the same as highos above ?

/me still likes the ascending decimal revision numbers in
subversion, but even simple editing would often be easier in git.
e.g. last night I was part-way through adding the optional
--libexecdir switches to BLFS when I found that I wanted to undo a
libexec from a few days ago.  Too late to revert it, of course, but
in git I could have stashed the other changes I was working on, and
done a discrete commit to fix that one item.

 So, I'll be interested to see how this pans out, and good luck with
it.

ĸen