On 03/17/2014 08:50 PM, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 17-03-2014 16:04, Armin K. escreveu:
>> On 03/17/2014 07:57 PM, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>>> When trying new python, I arrived to playing with avahi build, for some
>>> reasons. Then I discovered some facts I am trying to understand.
>>>

>>> First, I discovered that it not only depends on D-Bus Python, but also
>>> on pygtk, former being recommended. But in the switches, we have
>

>>> Second, if I use
>>>
>>> --disable-gtk3
>>>
>>> and remove "--disable-python", both modules are linked.
>>>

>>> I am reporting, so someone more experienced could give here a solution
>>> or make a cleanup in the referred page (ticket, commit, ...).
>>>

>> You need to explicitly disable a dependency in Avahi if it isn't
>> present. You are correct that both dbus-python and pygtk are required to
>> remove --disable-python. Nothing that I know requires the module so
>> maybe that's why it's disabled by default. As for why dbus-python is a
>> recommended dep and pygtk optional, I can't say.
>
> Thanks, Armin,
>
> OK, will move from recommended to optional. pygtk  isn't mentioned, will
> include as optional.
>

>> Since Qt4 is optional,
>> it makes no sense to enable it by default, and given that nothing
>> explicitly requires libavahi-qt4 it's disabled. Qt3 isn't even present
>> in the book.
>
> Here, I made a confusion: qt3 for qt5.
>

>> Epiphany requires GTK+3 library so it's enabled by default
>> and GTK+3 is in recommended deps. I don't know the real reason behind
>> enabling GTK+2 library by default though.
>
> In conclusion, for the time being, just two modifications, regarding the
> python modules. Perhaps the qt3 switch isn't necessary anymore?

It is. As I said, if you *don't* have a dependency, then you need to
*explicitly* disable it. Qt3 (not Qt5, there isn't Qt5 library for Avahi
that I'm aware of) isn't in the book so it needs to be explicitly
disabled in the same way as mono and monodoc and what not.

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.