Le 20/03/2014 10:18, Fernando de Oliveira a écrit :
> Em 19-03-2014 19:08, Pierre Labastie escreveu:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> Now I see that gtk+3 is required, while configure tests explicitely for
>> gtk+2...
>>
>> Is there something to be added so that it accepts gtk+3 (maybe in pkg-config
>> files or so)?
> This is interesting, never notice. It is there since its origin, r10274.
>
> While you are there and have enough time, I would much appreciate if you
> could fix the other question, this on now and others you find.
>
> Thanks.

Thanks, Fernando.
Actually, it is my first building of openjdk-icedtea (I need java for
SWIG testing), so you are much more experienced than I am.

But I am really not sure about the gtk+{2,3} stuff. It is amazing that
nobody (and particularly you, Fernando) has noticed that before, so I
may be totally wrong. The only thing(s) I know is that I built only
gtk+3, that configure tells it cannot find gtk, and that there is
somewhere in configure:
---------
$PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "gtk+-2.0 gthread-2.0"
---------
and no reference to gtk+-3.

OTOH, I see now that gtk+2.0 is a run-time dependency of the java
binary, which means that:
(i) I should have built gtk+2
(ii) if gtk+2 is the only needed gtk for building openjdk, and the user
is smarter than I, gtk+2 should be there when building icedtea, so no
need to mention it (and neither gtk+3)...

Regards
Pierre