On 12/13/2018 03:06 PM, Pierre Labastie via blfs-dev wrote:
On 13/12/2018 21:44, Brendan L via blfs-dev wrote:
On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 2:15 AM Pierre Labastie via blfs-dev
<blfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

On 08/12/2018 23:30, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
On Sat, Dec 08, 2018 at 11:11:03PM +0100, Pierre Labastie via blfs-dev wrote:

Excluding the archive and the .svn directories from the search, it goes down
to 70. Still a lot of work though. Do I understand correctly that we could
remove reference to P2, when it is an optional dependency (even if it cannot
be replaced with P3)?

I've made a small xsl stylesheet to extract python2 dependencies. Here is the
list: package plus dependency type. The stylesheet did not do well with python
modules, but I think it is not that important.

I think you are looking at an old version of the book, maybe 8.3 ?

Package: Mesa-18.2.6
   required
----------------------------

Just thought I would chime in to say that Mesa-18.3 is released, which
now has python 3 support.  I haven't got a chance to test it myself.

Thanks a lot for the information. If mesa supports P3, the whole stack of
modules for Mako can be made P3 only, I think, and funcsigs can be removed
(since it is now shipped with core Python since Python 3.3)

I just updated to mesa-18.3.1 earlier today. A couple of things I found after reading this thread:

1. Package libtizcore was not found. We don't have this mentioned and I don't know what it does. I did find https://github.com/tizonia/tizonia-openmax-il/tree/master/libtizcore but there is no documentation.

There is only one file in src/.  It is a 1900 line .c file.  A comment:

* This library implements the base OpenMAX IL Core infrastructure, as
* specified in the standard.

But I don't know what that means. Google points to https://www.khronos.org/openmaxil but a very fast scan indicates to me that we don't need it.

2. Using PYTHON=python3 in the configure works. If P2 is not present, then I suspect that it would pick it up automatically, but I've not tried.

2a. The make log only references python3 once.

3.  It does look for mako.

4.  We could switch to meson.

  -- Bruce