On Tue, Sep 03, 2019 at 06:56:11PM +0200, Tim Tassonis via blfs-dev wrote:
> On 9/3/19 2:43 AM, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 03, 2019 at 12:19:46AM +0100, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
> >
> > Looks as if dbus-glib should now be required (the book comments it
> > because it used to be optional).  With that enabled, I completed
> > the build.
> >
> > Arguably, it might be better as 'recommended', since the configury
> > doesn't seem to require it, but since that doesn't link with the
> > other options i nthe book I'm minded to make it required.
> >
> > So, on this occasion my apologies for blaming r..t (but I still
> > think it is a house of cards).
>

> Ok, so since I'm already using dbus-glib, I should be ok?

Yes.

> I'm using rustc 1.35.0 and cbindgen 0.9.0, as in the book.

I built it successfully after removing that option from the
mozconfig.  All package versions as in the 9.0 book.  (Also built
successfully on 8.4 and even 8.3, I've stopped trying to maintain
older systems - I was keeping a couple of old, and now very slow,
boxes for that, but once I moved my so-called server to using hdmi,
the shared monitor doesn't use its vga input if the hdmi input is
active).

> Bye
> Tim

And it's now in the book.  Hope it works well for you (I've stopped
testing the alsa option, that was only used on one of the old
machines).

ĸen
--
thread 'main' panicked at 'giraffe',
/tmp/rustc-1.32.0-src/src/test/run-fail/while-panic.rs:17:13