Hi,

I had 3 working BLFS builds of Gnome desktop over Sysv, but somewhere between
one week ago and now, gdm got broken and does not start anymore (begins
stating, but stops with a message "Oh no ! something has gone wrong, contact a
system administrator" (how helpful !). I have not
been able to get useful messages from /var/log/gdm, but what I see now in the
logs is that there are messages from the X server, which weren't one week ago
(I think gdm was starting directly on wayland). Maybe it has something to do
with this message from the log file:
gnome-session-binary[1370]: WARNING: Falling back to non-systemd startup
procedure due to error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:
The name org.freedesktop.systemd1 was not provided by any .service files.

I have no time to investigate more, because I have to leave for a few days.

But I begin to be fed up of those repeated attempts from gnome folks to
prevent using their desktop without systemd.

Pierre