On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 08:30:30AM +0800, Xi Ruoyao via blfs-dev
wrote:
> On 2020-04-01 18:48 -0500, Douglas R. Reno via blfs-dev wrote:
> > Good evening,
> >
> > While looking at #13243 and updating gnome-control-center, I
> > noticed that network-manager-applet has split it's library into
> > "libnma", which is what programs such as gnome-control-center
> > itself will link to.
> >
> > Network-manager-applet can be used in XFCE or LXDE to setup the
> > network through a graphical session - which is especially useful
> > on laptops. I recall Ken using it at one point as well.

Yeah, still using it with xfce on my laptop - but I don't plan to
update that system, except for vulnerabilities, until our next
release, and anyway the positioning within the book doesn't affect
me.

> > I'd like to propose moving network-manager-applet to "Network
> > Programs" and adding libnma to "Networking Libraries".
>
> I agree.  polkit-gnome and notification-daemon should also be
> moved out.
>
> > On that note, it seems that Mutter will require Graphene (as Xi
> > noted in #13242 - thanks for telling me that it's M/N/NI). I'd
> > like to propose adding that to "X Libraries".
> >
> > gnome-settings-daemon's tests also needed 'umockdev' to complete
> > the power section. Should we decide to add that, I'd like to
> > propose it going into General Libraries. It would also be used
> > in libgusb and upower for tests - however I'd say adding it is
> > optional since we can mark the test suite as not functional
> > unless it's installed (it also seems to use Mutter, which would
> > cause a circular dependency - I'm not sure how to handle that).
>
> Just put mutter into "optional (required for tests)".  -- Xi
> Ruoyao <xry...@mengyan1223.wang> School of Aerospace Science and
> Technology, Xidian University

You guys are the experts on this, I've no objection to whatever you
propose for these packages.

ĸen
--
The beauty of reading a page of de Selby is that it leads one
inescapably to the conclusion that one is not, of all nincompoops,