On 10/7/20 2:38 AM, Pierre Labastie via blfs-dev wrote:
Usually, the first thing I do after building a new lfs VM, and the
necessary tools to run jhalfs, is to build elogind first. In that case,
jhalfs builds gobject-introspection early.

This time, I've decided to ask jhalfs to directly install lxde-common,
using only required and recommended dependencies: it generated a build
order where harfbuzz comes before gobject-introspection. That's not
wrong since g-ir is optional for harfbuzz. But then, when building
pango, it fails because it cannot find harfbuzz.gir.

Since pango is pretty sure to be needed by users building harfbuzz, I
think g-ir should be recommended instead of optional for harfbuzz (with
a statement that it can be omitted if pango is not to be built).

Is there a reason for not doing that?

Pierre

Honestly, it's probably an oversight. I do agree that we should fix it by putting gobject-introspection in as recommended for harfbuzz. However, does jhalfs interpret runtime dependencies? I'm asking because gobject-introspection, shared-mime-info, and desktop-file-utils are listed as Additional Runtime Dependencies in the glib page itself.

- Doug