People might remember that I looked at llvm-11-rc1 in early August,
and discovered that rustc-1.42.0 could not use it.  I see that
llvm-11.0.0 is now out, and the release notes for rust-1.47.0 say
that it ships with llvm-11 (although it 'should' build with older
llvm).

I've just started a fresh build, with linux-5.9.0 (I understand why
the book is waiting, but 5.9-rc has been ok on this box), llvm-11.0
and rustc-1.47.0.  Except for things like nss and nspr my LFS and
BLFS package versions are still at 10.0 (too much change to catch up
with in the short term), so this is just an experimental build to
try this llvm/rust combination and see if everything using rust will
build.  I do not intend to build my whole desktop.

I aim to update my builds for the packages which use rust (cbindgen,
librsvg, thunderbird to whatever is currently in the book) and to
use firefox-78.3.0, current seamonkey.

If these all build, we will be able to update rustc along with llvm.
If not, I assume we will need to revert to rustc using its shipped
llvm whenever llvm-11 goes into the book.

Have I overlooked anything ?

ĸen
--
The people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them: I work
all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba.