Simon Scheiwiller wrote:
Thus spoke Andrew Benton:

Gnome can be
very fussy about
having all it's --sysconfdir= stuff in the same place

Hi

That's hardly the problem, I compiled and installed everything exactly as
written in the book. I think it's rather that the theme-manager doesn't
recognize the window manager. But I don't know how to solve that.

Simon

I notice the book installs Metacity, gtk-+2, librsvg with --sysconfdir=/etc but it installs most of gnome with --sysconfdir=/etc/gnome
I must confess I don't install the way the book describes, if a package needs --sysconfdir specifying, I always set it to /etc