Randy McMurchy wrote:
Jon wrote these words on 03/06/05 01:46 CST:

Been having a hell of a time getting gcdmaster to build. I didn't
necessarily follow the version numbers with the packages involved.

Then it probably won't work without good knowledge of c++ and
creating many patches. Trust me, I spent a *lot* of time to
put the current instructions together.

I had problems with using the 'mm' package versions in the book,
possibly because I'm using more recent updated core packages. I'm not
sure. So I decided to grab the latest 'mm' packages and all of those
compiled without a hitch. However, cdrdao keeps bombing out on me...

Well, I wish you luck. It will be a learning experience for
you.

C++ tends to confuse me so I didn't even look at lines 58 and 60... Has
anyone an idea of what to do besides give up and exclude gcdmaster? :-)

Follow the book's instructions building the libsigc++ and mm
packages. It will work just fine.

I'll try that, but the 'core' packages I was refering to are updated libgnome, libgnomeui, et all... I originally followed the books instructions to the T for cdrdao (with the exception of libgnomeui-2.8.0). The C++ wrapper packeges that are listed in the book seem to be incompatable with newer versions of some Gnome packages. libglademm-2.2.0 errored out on me. Installing all updated 'mm' packages worked like a charm however... I'll back track a little and see if I can't get this ironed out. I'm using pkgtools so it will be easy to downgrade..

Thanks both for the input. It is a learning expierence. :-) Thats why I love LFS. 3rd time around and I'm continually learning..