On Friday 29 April 2005 13:39, Declan Moriarty wrote:
> > > ... but ... *mutt* does PGP! ... or has everyone given up on "secure
> > > eMail?"
> >
> > I'm not speaking for Declan here, just myself.
> >
> > I did give Mutt a go, but objected to learning yet another set of
> > keystrokes.  I have heard nothing but good things about it, however,
> > approaching the twilight of my life, I'd rather spend what learning
> > ability (and time) I have left on other things.
> >
> > Also, in my opinion, the keystrokes are alarmingly akin to those of
> > emacs, and I'm a vi man.
>
> I second the above.
>
> There is another issue. Mutt is hugely capable but complicated, and
> imho not user friendly. All the help is in a huge tome of a manual,
> and you can lose days  trying to soak in some sense. If I had to do
> that learning, I'd rather learn Polish, Russian, or Romanian. We (The
> JWs) have a need for bilingual qualified people here. Is there some
> law against things being user-friendly?

I found Mutt pretty easy to use, but then I didn't try reading the manual.  I
just used Google, used a good muttrc I found online which colorized
everything nicely, and everything was then self-explanatory -- an infobar at
the top of the screen says what keys to hit to do everything common, so I
just look and punch the right key.  Viewing html emails isn't as easy but
that's not really a loss.  In fact, I normally use kmail but I'm leaning
towards adopting mutt fulltime because the colorizing of different kinds of
email is so nice.