Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:

After 45 minutes of intense fighting with Grub I managed to get past the error 15 and later an error 1 ... somehow it couldn't figure out that (hd1,0) was /boot ... so it couldn't find /boot/lfskernel-2.6.8.1 ...

That works now. But after having mounted the partitions, LFS comes up with this n00b-error (I'm the n00b): >>Kernel panic. No init found. Try passing init= option to the kernel.<<

Please give some more details: which HDD is / ? How does your /boot/grub/menu.lst file look? Is the /sbin/init file there?

thorsten happel