The first time I installed Firefox, I had a problem with clicking on
browser links in email and Usenet because it would pop up a profile
manager box ("Choose User Profile"), and would not let me use the same
profile that was already in use.

Then I installed 1.0 and through some option, I assumed
--enable-single-profile, it would correctly pop up a new instance of
Firefox without bothering me about profiles.

Now I've installed 1.04, again using --enable-single-profile, and it's
back to the old behavior.  I followed the instructions in blfs 20050623
exactly... is it the profile-sharing and/or profile-locking option?
The Firefox chapter says that the configuration options are similar to
those used in Mozilla; the Mozilla chapter refers you to the ./configure
--help command for details about what each compile switch does.
Running ./configure --help tells me that --disable-profile-sharing will
disable profile sharing, and --disable-profile-locking will disable
profile locking.

Can anyone point me at a clue or a FAQ that will explain in more detail
what the compile options do and what combination will let me go back to
launching multiple instances of Firefox?

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY