rOn Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Declan Moriarty wrote:

> > Content analysis details:   (6.0 points, 5.0 required)
> >
> >  pts rule name              description
> > ---- ----------------------
> >  3.0 PLING_QUERY        Subject has exclamation mark and question mark
> >  3.0 FORGED_RCVD_HELO   Received: contains a forged HELO
> >

> Your mail landed in the spam. I think I had the pling_query, but you
> have the FORGED_RCVD_HELO. It's this line

>         (spc2-brig1-3-0-cust232.asfd.broadband.ntl.com [82.1.142.232])
>       by smtp.linuxfromscratch.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 2F73825A0
>
> It's seen as forged because of the 2 domain names on the same line for
> the same box. As one who has been there, the ntl domain is pretty
> useless to you usually. It's not registered anywhere.

 Mistaken analysis.  The ntl address is where it's actually coming from,
I just happen to call it by a uklinux.net name because that was where it
used to come from before broadband, and kenmoffat.uklinux.net should
still be reachable (I pay for that to save resubscribing everything).

 BTW, if we're getting into detail about headers, I much prefer your
declan.moriarty@ address to your junk_mail@ because procmail identifies
any mail@ as an admin address.  I attempt to filter bounces (often for
forged senders) to a different mailbox so that on a bad day I can defer
looking at the 300 bounced messages from spam|phishing|viruses.  This
means I ususally don't look at your messages to blfs-support until I
notice that somebody has replied to them, or until I have time to look
at my 'queries' mbox.

 But that is my problem, and the results of your spam filters are your
problem if they do 101% of what you intended :)

Ken