I'm trying to get the Gnome Control Center package installed in my
system and I'm having difficulties with the compile.  Verison 2.11.5
dies with the errors below, but I've also tried 2.10.1, 2.10.2, and
2.11.4 which all die w/ various errors.

./configure --prefix=$GNOME_PREFIX --libexecdir=$GNOME_PREFIX/sbin
--sysconfdir=/etc/gnome --localstatedir=/var/lib

The make fails with the following error:

Merging translations into apps_gnome_settings_deamon_default_editor.schemas
No rule to make target `desktop_gnome_font_rendering.schemas` needed
by all-am. Stop.

I went ahead and installed other Gnome packages.  Gnome starts, but
complains about not being able to start the settings daemon (duh...).
Any advice?