On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Giulio Daprelà wrote:

> I have installed XMMS 1.2.10 and all his optional dependencies.
> When I run the program from Konsole I get this error:
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

 normal, as Matt remarked.

> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0xb6dfa524 ***
> Aborted
>
> If I try to run the program from Kmenu it doesen't open, due, I
> suppose, to the previous error.

 I had something similar a few months back on ppc, caused by one of the
plugins, but I can't find any notes.  I tracked it down by building gdb,
starting XMMS from within gdb, then doing a backtrace (bt) after it
crashed.  The trace showed it was in some sort of startup code and
calling one of the plugins.  I removed the plugin (all I remember was
that it was for something that I didn't think was very important) and it
worked fine.

Ken