> > I have done exactly what is discribed on bootsplash hint, mas when I
> > restart my system nothing happens.                                 ^^^^^
>
>                but ;-)

Excuse mutt's word wrapping.

We are not clairvoyant. It worked for whoever wrote the hint. Go through
the mechanics of this until you understand it. Mind you, you probably
have a 2.5 kernel and he probably had 2.4

On boot, the kernel loads this initrd and shoves some data into it? Then
it can mount this as a disk. Is that the process?

Is your kernel fully capable? Finding all the bits? If that is so,
and it is told where to find them, it has to work. What are these
set to in the kernel. (I have _no_initrd_ )

# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_COUNT=16
CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE=""
# CONFIG_NVRAM is not set
CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_RAMFS=y
# CONFIG_CRAMFS is not set

Do you format the thing, or make a filesystem? How?

--

        With best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.