> David Fix wrote these words on 08/15/05 11:50 CST:
>
> > I know there's no problem with the extension "RENDER" missing thing,
> > I've always had that, and it's no biggie...  However, I'm not sure
> > why I'm getting the segfault.  Does anyone know if there's a way to
> > get it to dump core so that I can run a debugger on it?
>
> This is almost always caused from not following the font setup
> instructions in the "X Window System Components" section. Before you
> start trying to debug your problem, double-check that your font setup
> is by-the-book.
>
> -- Randy

I hit problems there after doing it "by the book" as I thought, but a
little digging showed me the fonts in /etc/fonts/local.conf were not
being added to fonts/local.conf and I had to do it manually (Instal;ling
in the wrong order, I presume) I got sorted with this

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /etc/fonts]# cat local.conf

<fontconfig>
<dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF</dir>
<dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1</dir>
<dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/freefont</dir>
<dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic</dir>
<dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc</dir>
</fontconfig>

--

        With best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.