On 9/6/05, Randy McMurchy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It is my understanding that if you use a .mozconfig file, then you
> must build Mozilla using the client.mk system (this might be wrong
> syntax, but essentially it is the Moz method that reads the
> .mozconfig file, then runs configure and make itself).

I think this is not true.  However, you will know right away whether
the mozconfig is being used or not because the first thing done is
that it spits out the configure statement used with all the options.
Here's what it looks like from a build I did on Solaris:

MOZ_PHOENIX=1
cd /s0/dbnichol/opt/src/firefox/mozilla/../firefox-build
/s0/dbnichol/opt/src/firefox/mozilla/configure
MOZ_PHOENIX=1
Adding configure options from /s0/dbnichol/opt/src/firefox/mozconfig-firefox:
  --disable-ldap
  --disable-mailnews
  --enable-extensions=cookie,xml-rpc,xmlextras,pref,transformiix,universalcharde
t,webservices,inspector,gnomevfs,negotiateauth
  --enable-crypto
  --disable-composer
  --enable-single-profile
  --disable-profilesharing
  --enable-shared
  --disable-debug
  --disable-tests
  --enable-optimize
... and so forth.

You could add in an echo to mozconfig since it's just sourced from a
shell script.
echo "I'm using a mozconfig.  That is nice."

Also, if you decide to use client.mk, and you don't want to pull CVS,
the two things you want are:
make -f client.mk build # does the configure and make
make -f client.mk install # does the make install
make -f client.mk # pulls cvs, configure, make

Good luck,
Dan

p.s.  I just read the next post.  Probably should have read it first.
I guess this is moot.