Hi Declan,

Tks for your advice.

> Try the kernel headers... Are your old & new systems running from the
> same kernel? Same kernel headers installed?  Presuming your old
> system
> is a previous LFS,The other big differences is the version of
> everything you use.

I'm now working on FC3, the Host.

# mount /dev/hda6 /mnt/lfs/
# ls /mnt/lfs/boot/ | grep lfskernel
lfskernel-2.6.11.12

# ls /mnt/lfs/sources/LFS6.1_Packages/ | grep header
linux-libc-headers-2.6.11.2.tar.bz2

Whether you meant this package?  The version looks slightly different.

I have recompiled the kernel before making ADSL to work.  Would it be I
acidentally turning off some items which are necessary for pacakage
installation?

(Remark: the original .conf of the old kernel has been retained, i.e.
the first .conf in the source tree on building the kernel of LFS 6.1)

TIA

BR.
SL