Hi again,

I'm building XMMS on an amd64.
I have ALSA, aRts and EsounD installed, and am running KDE, where all the
system sounds are working just fine.

I've (apparently) successfully compiled XMMS, but I cannot play any files
in it. When I go to the preferences, the input plugins listed are: Tone
Generator and Wave Player, but there is no available output plugin.

But I know there are more plugins, because I can see them:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/blfs]# find /usr/lib64/xmms/
/usr/lib64/xmms/
/usr/lib64/xmms/Output
/usr/lib64/xmms/Output/libOSS.la
/usr/lib64/xmms/Output/libOSS.a
/usr/lib64/xmms/Output/libdisk_writer.la
/usr/lib64/xmms/Output/libdisk_writer.a
/usr/lib64/xmms/Output/libALSA.la
/usr/lib64/xmms/Output/libALSA.a
/usr/lib64/xmms/Output/libesdout.la
/usr/lib64/xmms/Output/libesdout.a
/usr/lib64/xmms/Input
/usr/lib64/xmms/Input/libwav.so
/usr/lib64/xmms/Input/libwav.la
/usr/lib64/xmms/Input/libmpg123.la
/usr/lib64/xmms/Input/libmpg123.a
/usr/lib64/xmms/Input/libcdaudio.la
/usr/lib64/xmms/Input/libcdaudio.a
/usr/lib64/xmms/Input/libtonegen.so
/usr/lib64/xmms/Input/libtonegen.la
/usr/lib64/xmms/Input/libvorbis.la
/usr/lib64/xmms/Input/libvorbis.a
<snipped>

But when I tried including those directories in ld.so.conf, I got:
<snip>
/usr/lib64/xmms/Output:
/usr/lib64/xmms/Input:
        libtonegen.so -> libtonegen.so
        libwav.so -> libwav.so
/usr/lib64/xmms/Effect:
/usr/lib64/xmms/General:
/usr/lib64/xmms/Visualization:
<snip>

So I went through the build logs, and am pretty sure that this is the prob:
*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lpthread.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libpthread and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /usr/lib64/libpthread.so

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module libmpg123.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

What does this mean?
Have I done something wrong?
How can I fix it?

Thanks,