Hi

I'm trying to set up a simple firewall following the instructions in BLFS-6.1.
I've enabled the options in the kernel:  Network Packet Filtering -> IP:
Netfilter Configuration before installing iptables.   When when rebooting the
new kernel, XFree86 hangs as the system goes into kdm.  The following errors
are showing in the XFree86.log file:

X11Transocket openCOTSserver: Unable to open socket for inet6
X11Transocket open: socket() failed for local
X11Transocket openCOTSclient: Unable to open socket for local
X11TransOpen: transport failed for local /

If I go back to my old kernel, everthings fine.   This is a socket problem, but
why is it happening and how do I cure it?

thanks

MAC