Richard A Downing escribió:

I use OpenBox3, possibly the most minimalist WM that uses XML for it's
configuration files.  Then I add PyPanel for the 'where the hell is that
app I started a few hours ago?' feeling.  I use mrxvt instead of xterm
for the tabbed virtual screens.

I like OpenBox3's menus, although you need a good XML editor to
construct and edit them - they have a nice obstruse syntax.  I use
coreutils (ls,mv,cp,etc..) as my file manager.

I try KDE and Gnome occasionally, but they are just too huge, and I
don't like the look&feel of either.  Why do they need so many background
processes?  X's cut&paste works as well as their drag&drop for me.

UNIX's great step forward was the ability to string simple applications
together to do complex useful things - Windows, Gnome and KDE seem to
promote the monolithic applications.

R.

¿Anyone likes the venerable Motif?

It's clean, simple, robust, pretty (for me, of course), and at last, it's free (http:// www.openmotif.org).