--- Dan McGhee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Brandin Creech wrote:
>
> >I had this problem too. Try running WPrefs from the console and you'll
> notice
> >some "file not found" errors being spit out by the program. That's why the
> >icons are not being displayed.
>
> >By default, WPrefs.app will be installed in the GNUstep applications
> directory,
> >which is /usr/local/GNUstep/Applications.

Ohh... this must have been my problem, and I didn't notice; the 'make
install' didn't even create that directory. Oh well, after realizing what it
was (since you mentioned it), I moved the WPrefs.app directory from my build
directory into my ~/GNUstep/Applications directory, and now it works.
Recompiling will have to wait for another day. WPrefs looks so much prettier
now! I was so used to looking at the blank tiles (:.

Thanks for the tip!