On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 04:25:43PM +0100, Declan Moriarty wrote:

> To look at it, it seems to be installing  as bin:bin, which I don't have
> and don't want to make today as usernames for the mail programs are
> fussy enough. It's only looking for trouble to invent a fictitious user
> and chown everything back.

The last option is probably what you need.

./configure --bindir=/usr/bin --libexecdir=/usr/lib/dcc \
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --homedir=/home/amavisd/.dcc \
  --disable-dccm --disable-server --disable-IPv6 --with-uid=amavisd &&

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs