On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 22:14 +1300, Simon Geard wrote:
> However, I wonder if you might have also have another problem that's
> been bothering me, dealing with tasks and appointments. If I try adding
> an appointment or task, the Evolution shell freezes. Does that happen to
> you as well? If so, they might be related problems.

Yes!  I'm sure it's a database error of some kind.  As noted in my
2.40, but I do have the problem in Gnome 2.12 and 2.12.1, with Evolution
2.40 and 2.41.  The fact that the previously working versions of
evolution-data-server and evolution no longer work in the newer Gnome
core suggest that those two programs are fine, but something else in
Gnome is broken.

It's a big relief to know a smart person on the list is having the same
problem... makes me feel a whole lot less incompetent :-)

Meanwhile, I guess I'll go back to Gnome 2.10.

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY