On 10/18/05, Maarten Th. Mulders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> just installed LFS 6.1 and started with BLFS 6.1. But when I changed
> /etc/bashrc according to the book, I get a double Bash-prompt, like:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] : /[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~#
>
> instead of
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] : /root

In blfs, the script /etc/profile.d/extraprompt.sh (Ch. 3 - Bash Shell
Startup Files) sets PROMPT_COMMAND.  It's supposed to set the title of
an xterm (I think), but now it comes down into the prompt for me.  You
can disable this in the current shell with unset PROMPT_COMMAND, or
you can disable the script from running on your login shell by
changing the extension to something besides .sh:
mv /etc/profile.d/extra-prompt.sh{,.off}

On the same note, does anyone else see this behavior in BLFS-SVN?
When I installed 6.0 I remember it working, but now it doesn't.

--
Dan