Archaic wrote:

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 12:05:06PM -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
Are you at linux console? What's $TERM? Could you just try anyway? I'm curious if what I suggested will just slink into the background if
you're not at an xterm.

The book can make things easier if it just made the PROMPT_COMMAND
conditional.

if [ "${TERM:0:5}" = "xterm" ]; then
 export PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne "\033]0;[EMAIL PROTECTED] : ${PWD}\007"'
fi

I've been using this for a long time and it works as expected.

Is it possible to get this working in a non-login shell?
I've tested it in Xterm, and nothing happens until I do an su -
Looks very promising though, as I just deleted the old script as it screwed up my promp before. This is a lot better. ;)

Thanks

Tor Olav