Hello,

I have the following problem after building BLFS:
"sane-find-scanner"
does find my scanner:
  found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x220d [CanoScan],
  chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:004:002
but
"scanimage -L"
says that no scanners were identified, and of course, xsane doesn't see anything either.

Both commands are issued from under root.

This scanner (Canon LiDE20) works under Slackware 10.2 even after I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.14.

/proc/bus/usb/ does have the corresponing entry and its permissions are OK for root (660).

It looks like the backend is not working somehow but I did install it as described in chapter 42.
I use sane-backends version 1.0.16 instead of 1.0.15, though.

Has anybody an idea of what the cause of such a problem can be?

Thanks in advance.

-----
With my best regards,
Mikhail