On 12/7/05, Steve Prior <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Erik Garrison wrote:
> >
> > Well... Sign me up!  How would I go about rebuilding glibc with the patch?
>
> If you're not too far into things you might consider building LFS 6.1.1 - it
> contains the patch you're looking for and some other fixes.  If you use the
> LiveCD, wait for rel 6.1.1-2 (should just be a day or two) as 6.1.1-1 has
> bugs.

Err... LFS is now my principal system.  I'm about as far into it as I
need to be.

On that note, I'm not adverse to backing everything up and trying some
glibc recompilation tricks.  (I've done my best to keep the system
from getting bloated...)  Is gzip usually the best compression utility
for backing up whole filesystems?