On 12/5/05, Luca Dionisi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I get closer to the solution I'll write down a note on this thread.

Hi all

I finally completed the installation of core GNOME 2.12.2
This time I've got Nautilus to use all the icons it has.
I can see a computer, a trash-can, folders, text files,
mp3s, and so on.
No need to say... I'm happy!

I think that something went wrong in my previous installation
and (sad) the scripts didn't complain about anything.

This time I have been pedantic in controlling always which files
and dirs were modified by each installation. After each one I
made all the new directories to be "install" dirs
(especially in /usr/lib, include, share, pkgconfig, and so on)

Also, I made some tricky adjustment (as suggested) with
some tools:
 update-mime-database
 gconftool-2
 update-desktop-database
 scrollkeeper-update
to make them usable by pkg-users.

But sadly I can't say precisely what went wrong in my previous
install (and e.g. in Lennon's own)

Thanks for all your support.

Luca