I have looked through all OpenOffice-threads I could find, but
none seem to have got stuck at exactly the same place as I,
so here goes:

gcc 3.4.4, x86_64 multilib system, most stuff is fairly
up to date, I'm trying to compile OO 2.0.0 following the
development BLFS.

I have added '--disable-cups --disable-mozilla' to the configure
command, and it does configure without problems.

(The first problems encountered, I kind of resolve by acting
on hunches and trying guesses, but I list them for completeness.)
The dmake runs for some time, and stops at

  OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/sal/rtl/source/macro.hxx:76:2: #error "unknown ARCH -- insert
your ARCH identifier above"

so I take a guess and insert

  #else
  #define THIS_ARCH "x86_64"

a couple of lines above this point. dmake runs happily along for
quite some time, and stops at

  OOo_2.0.0rc3_src/jvmfwk/plugins/sunmajor/pluginlib/vendorbase.hxx:61:2:
#error unknown plattform

so I try the same trick again, replacing the line

  #error unknown plattform

with

  #define JFW_PLUGIN_ARCH "x86_64"

and starting dmake again... Some more modules are made, before
the process stops at

  stoc/source/javavm/javavm.cxx:1007: error: reinterpret_cast from `JavaVM*' to
`sal_Int32' loses precision

and this time I simply replace the sal_Int32 with sal_Int64
on that line, again just on a hunch. Compilation continues, until

  ../../../inc/bridges/cpp_uno/bridge.hxx:39:36: bridges/cpp_uno/bridge.h: No
such file or directory

and this seems much more serious, and finally shuts me down.
This message is (of course) followed by an avalanche of messages,
since the compiler tries to go on without that file...

Does this ring any bells?

It feels like I'm really really close to getting it to work,
but who knows...

J.O.