I had this problem before and I can't remember how to fix it.

I've built a new CLFS box and now I'm adding to it. My first step was
dhcp-3.0.2 Client, which needed a minor addition to build. However, when it
runs, it doesn't create /etc/resolv.conf

I built and installed dhcp-3.0.2, ran make install-service-dhclient in
blfs-bootscripts-6.1, created:
install -v -d /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.eth0 &&
cat > /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.eth0/dhclient << "EOF"
ONBOOT="yes"
SERVICE="dhclient"
DHCP_START="-q"
DHCP_STOP="-q -r"

# Set PRINTIP="yes" to have the script print
# the DHCP assigned IP address
PRINTIP="yes"

# Set PRINTALL="yes" to print the DHCP assigned values for
# IP, SM, DG, and 1st NS. This requires PRINTIP="yes".
PRINTALL="yes"
EOF

and:
cat > /etc/dhclient.conf << "EOF"
# dhclient.conf

interface "eth0"{
prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
        domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name;
require subnet-mask, domain-name-servers;
}
# end dhclient.conf
EOF

but when the system starts, it doesn't create /etc/resolv.conf and I get no
name services.

As I said, I've had this problem before but I don't remember what the solution
was.

Cheers,

        John Gay