Hi all !
I can't install KDE 3.5.2 on my laptop, and I stuck still with it. I've
already posted here, but found no usefull ansqer, so I'll try to give as much
explanations as I can concerning what I did on my machine.
I had a full LFS6.1 system, over which I installed all I needed from the
blfs6.1 book. When I came to update kde 3.5.0 to KDE3.5.2 (I used konstruct),
I got an error during the compilation that lead to a non installation of KDE.
Since I had removed my old /usr/local/kde directory and all it's contents, I
had no gui at all.
At this time, I've tryed many things like installing an newer version of gcc
and a few other packages, which completly broke my system. So, I erased all
directories that could contain broken files (/usr, /bin, /sbin, /var ) and
kept the ones that had crucial files and datas (/etc and /home).
I downloaded, booted and used the lfs live cd to restart from scratch.
So, I now have a full LFS6.1.1 and blfs-svn system, but I still get the same
error, and can't update kde.
The error I get is the following :
when make invokes dcopidl when building kdelibs, dcopidl segfaults. Since it
is required to complete the prepare process needed for the compilation, I
really stuck here and can't go further.
Here is the warning message I get when dcopidl is compiled :

In file included from dcopidl.all_cc.cc:3:
scanner.cc:966:5: warning: "YY_STACK_USED" is not defined
scanner.cc:2200:5: warning: "YY_ALWAYS_INTERACTIVE" is not defined
scanner.cc:2494:5: warning: "YY_MAIN" is not defined
scanner.cc:2473: warning: 'void* yy_flex_realloc(void*, yy_size_t)' defined
but not used

All are warning messages, and should be harmfull, but when the program
segfaults, I get the following with gdb :

gdb ../dcop/dcopidl/dcopidl
GNU gdb 6.3
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) run ./ksycoca.h
Starting
program:
/sources/kde3.5.2/konstruct/kde/kdelibs/work/kdelibs-3.5.2/dcop/dcopidl/dcopidl
./ksycoca.h
[New Thread -1221704016 (LWP 22635)]
<!DOCTYPE DCOP-IDL><DCOP-IDL>
<SOURCE>./ksycoca.h</SOURCE>
<INCLUDE>dcopobject.h</INCLUDE>
<INCLUDE>qobject.h</INCLUDE>
<INCLUDE>qstringlist.h</INCLUDE>
<INCLUDE>ksycocatype.h</INCLUDE>
<INCLUDE>kdelibs_export.h</INCLUDE>

[Switching to Thread -1221704016 (LWP 22635)]
0xb7dac7ab in QString::QString () from /usr/local/kde3.5.2/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7dac7ab in QString::QString ()
from /usr/local/kde3.5.2/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#1  0x0804dbb9 in operator+ ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]) at
qstring.h:1037
#2  0x0804a2db in yyparse () at yacc.yy:201
#3  0x0804c404 in dcopidlParse (
    _code=0x8068cb0 "/*  This file is part of the KDE libraries\n *  Copyright
(C) 1999 Waldo Bastian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\n *\n *  This library is free
software; you can redistribute it and/or\n *  modify it under the terms of
"...) at yacc.yy:856
#4  0x0804df1d in main (argc=2, argv=0xbfc61ad4) at main.cpp:82

As far as I can see, the problem is linked to both qt and bison/yacc, but I
can't firgure out how to solve this. If anyone has an idea on how to solve
this broken dependency, that would be great.
Of course, before posting here, I've searched the web for a similar problem,
but all I found is the same bug concerning either an old version of KDE, or
an installation on another system than LFS, and sometime both.....
I don't know if a list of the packages I installed of my system could help to
find out where the problem lies. If you think it could, I can post the result
of a ls command in the folder I keep the packages compiled.
I must say that I've installed all as recommended by both the lfs and blfs
book, and did no extra things such as specifying compiler options or enabling
architecture compilation flags....
Thanks for your help...