--enable-fast-malloc=full seems to cause these problems when compiling kdelibs.
Removing this switch fixes the issues with arts and glib>=2.9.1

2006/5/10, Alexander E. Patrakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Wilco Beekhuizen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After a glib update arts stopped working. I've read about this problem
> on several lists. The KDE bugtrackers say it's a glib error but the glib
> ML says it's an application error, which sound more logical to me.
> This is the error I get:
> ***MEMORY-ERROR***: [xxxx]: GSlice: failed to allocate 248 bytes
> (alignment:
> 256): Invalid argument
>
> I know you can prevent this error by using G_SLICE=always-malloc but
> that way all glib programs use malloc and it's not a very elegant
solution.
> Does anyone have more insight? Should I fix arts or really wait for an
> updated glib?

You should fix arts. The problem is that developers on each side put the
responsibility onto the other side, and there is no fix available.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov