I'm going to try installing x.org 6.9.0 (currently running 6.8.2)  and I
want the most recent DRM / OpenGL drivers for my ATI Radeon.  I see that
the separate libraries for libdrm and Mesa are slightly newer than the
ones that come bundled with the x.org source... so should I
1) merge the newer external sources into the x.org tree over top of the
existing source before building anything
B) build and install plain-vanilla x.org first, then build the newer
Mesa/libdrm sources over top of the installed x.org files
5) Forget the external libraries and stay with the files that were
written to go with this release of x.org

?

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY