On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 09:00:59PM +1200, Simon Geard wrote:

> --with-jab-dir? Is that a typo, meant to be --with-jar-dir?
Good question, I just copied it from the book on installing gnome-speech when
using the java access bridge, so I didn't question it but the configuration did
not complain about it.  Following your question, I looked in the gnome-speech
INSTALL and it doesn't mention that switch.

Prerequisites
=============

gnome-speech requires the following packages:

 -  libbonobo
 -  java-access-bridge (for Java Support)

Simple install procedure
========================

  % gzip -cd gnome-speech-0.3.7.tar.gz | tar xvf - # unpack the sources
  % cd gnome-speech-0.3.7
  % ./configure                            # run the `configure' script
  % make                                   # build GTK
  [ Become root if necessary ]
  % make install                           # install GTK

Text-to-speech Engine-specific Configuration Variables
=============
Wherever possible, the GNOME Speech build system will attempt to
determine what text-to-speech engines are installed on your system,
and build the GNOME Speech drivers for those engines.  However, some
engines can not be auto-detected, and you may have an engine installed
in a non-standard location.  For these reasons, the following options
to the configure script allow you to force particular GNOME Speech
drivers to be built:

{   --with-dectalk-dir=PATH     Specify path to DECTalk}
{   --with-theta-dir=PATH       Specify path to Theta}
{   --with-eloquence-dir=PATH   Specify path to Eloquence}
{   --with-java-home=PATH       Use the jdk at PATH}
{   --with-freetts-dir=PATH     Specify path to FreeTTS}

> Simon.

> --
---end quoted text---

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux