On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 09:53 -0600, Peter B. Steiger wrote:
> When I launch X with an alternative wm like fluxbox, are there other
> services I need to launch manually so Gnome applications can find their
> respective icons?

Just as a guess, does anything start gnome-settings-daemon
automatically? I've not used a non-Gnome environment for some time, but
vaguely recall problems when this service was not running. If it's not
automatically started when Evo starts, it might be worth a try to start
it manually first...

On my system, it's in /usr/sbin

Simon.