Ken Moffat wrote:

 Once you are in blfs, my preference is to copy
config.guess and config.sub from /usr/share/automake-1.9 or from
/usr/share/libtool.  Those are sufficiently up to date to build your
system, so you shouldn't need to pick up the latest versions from
wherever they now are (if anybody does need the absolute latest,
start by looking at savannah.gnu.org).

There is a further problem specific to a2ps - these files live in
auxdir/ instead of the top-level directory.

Ken
Hi Ken,
That fixed the configure problem. Thanks. The make ran without any errors other than complaining about not being able to make a font.map. I figure that will be taken care of when I install the fonts in the next step but when I ran the make check besides the expected printer failure I got the following:

./options-1.tst: line 10: 11460 Segmentation fault $CHK $p >/dev/null 2>$tmp
FAIL: options-1.tst

How bad is that? Any known fixes?

Arnie