Wilco Beekhuizen wrote:
> Nice to see some of you guys can actually compile it. I'm trying to
> compile it (using the 1.5.x mozconfig) but compilation fails pretty soon
> (using gcc 4.1.1) with a relocation error:
> unresolvable relocation against symbol `PR_LocalTimeParameters'
>
> I can't find a solution to this problem. I'm using a previously built NSS.
> Suggestions?

Alas, no. I've successfully built FF-2.0 on a freshly installed system
and on an older one (after patching layout/build/Makefile.in to include
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXrender -lX11; this is most strange, as my build log
for 1.5.0.7 showed exactly the same command line as that for 2.0 - in
the former case the link succeeded, in the latter not).

Here at home, on my almost new system, I'm getting the same error,
albeit with a different symbol: R_386_GOTOFF. FF-2.0 looks like a rather
strange beast to compile. But it looks quite good when running. ;-)

I'd be glad to hear from you in case you find a solution to this problem.

Regards,
Hans-Joachim