On 10/31/06, Arnie Stender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

After the recent thread on JDK I decided I would make an attempt at
getting it running. The BLFS page looks like it is mainly aimed at i386.

This is definitely true. I have no idea if there are 64 bit only
patches needed, but I wouldn't be surprised.

/usr/src/secondary/jdk-build/hotspot/src/share/vm/runtime/os.hpp:325:
error: extra qualification 'os::' on member 'exception_name'

These "extra qualification" issues are because of gcc-4.1. There's a
patch in the repo, it just hasn't gotten into the book yet.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/jdk/jdk-1.5.0_08-gcc4-2.patch

--
Dan