Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 02:54:37PM -0700, Shawn wrote:
>> Which keyboard data sets did you go with? 7.1 requires you to make a
>> choice. Either xkbdata or xkbdesc.
>>
>> Myself I went with the new xkbdesc, and I have been problem free.
>>
>> See here:
>> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.1/doc/RELNOTES2.html#3
>>
>> Shawn
>>
>  I saw that xkbdata will be officially deprecated for 7.2 - I've only
> recently got i18n working adequately with xkbdata (gb, ru, el
> keyboards and compose key, at least on desktops - haven't got my
> ibook adequately sorted yet).  Anybody got any links to
> documentation on using xkbdesc ?
>
>  Meanwhile, 7.1 with xkbdata works for me in the Ctrl-Alt-Fn area so
> I'm interested in what the 'known problem' is.
>
> ĸen

Where is the BLFS documentation is the choice mentioned - it isn't on
the xorg-server or xorg-data pages (or wiki)?  As I have built this many
times, I used the jhalfs to build mine, and no 'option' was offered.
I've read through the latest book svn, and can find no mention of this.

Come on guys!  Give us a hint!

R.