On Thu Oct 19 05:09:05 MDT 2006 juras256 wrote:

> The Book says that most tests of NSS-3.11.3 will fail without defined
> proper domainname in DUMSUF.
>
> I think I have defined proper domainname, but I'm in doubt what
> does it
> mean "proper"...
>
> The only place I defined something like domainname in my system is
> /etc/hosts file.
>
> 192.168.0.101 kaptah.homelinux.net kaptah
>
> and I defined
>
> export DOMSUF=homelinux.net
>
> Still I have only 670 tests passed and there should be 800.
> Something must have gone wrong... :-( May be the problem lies
> somewhere
> else...
>
> At the very beginning of setting up my system I noticed that
> the login banner defined in /etc/issue
> shows domainname=(none) when I use \o in it.
> Does it have anything to do with DOMSUF and
> how to define domainname for /etc/issue?
>
> These are probably two completely different stories...
>
> Can someone explain any of them?

I am haveing the same problem installing NSS failing 270 tests. My
etc/hosts being;

127.0.0.1 lfscats.home.org LFSCATS localhost

I wondered about the FQDN, fully qualified domaine name, the LFS book
does not explain what this is exactly. So I looked it up and added
the . (dot)after the domain name.
export DOMSUF=lfscats.home.org.

and all tests passed. Should a dot be added to the domain name in /
etc/hosts file? If I do so I still also get (None) from etc/issue.
Can anyone tell me if this is proper?
I am still wondering where the proper place that /etc/issue gets the
domainname.
Arden