Hello, all -

Thought I would post this and save anyone else who sees it some grief...

The other day I got the following message when I ran "find":

find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc/net: this may be a bug in
your filesystem driver.  Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option.
Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have been
searched.

There have been instances in the not too distant past when that same message
has been indicative of an error; in this case, however, I had just installed
kernel 2.6.23-rc8-mm2 on that same machine.  In that context, the message is
benign.  This description and explanation covers the how and why of it:
http://lists-archives.org/linux-kernel/13414934-proc-net-bad-hard-links-coun
t.html

It scared me a bit when I first saw it; thought I would post a quick "heads
up" and save someone time spent looking for a problem that's not there.

Happy hacking ...

 - Larry