> SVN) : Everything is working quite OK...except ftp. When I want to
> connect to an ftp server, everything goes OK until I want to dir a
> directory :
>
> ftp> ls
> 200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.
> 425 Failed to establish connection.
>
> Same problem with the ftp program from cpan, I guess, for I can only
> retreive packages with wget or lynx. With Firefox and Konqueror, ftp > is
> fine.

May I suggest checking your firewall rules?  The rules for FTP active & passive
are a little different, and a little finicky.  You might try setting passive
mode.

Firefox/Konqueror may access the same directories, but they're still using the
host's Web server, e.g. Apache, not FTP server at all.

Paul Rogers  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/