On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Dennis J Perkins
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm having trouble compiling gnome-desktop.  It gives me this error
> message:
>
> gnome-rr.c:46: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before
> 'XRRScreenResources'
>
> Has anyone else encountered this and solved it?

That's from libXrandr. Either your randrproto/libXrandr combo is too
old (pre-1.2) or too new, depending on what gnome-desktop wants with
it. I suspect too old, though, since I understand that newer gnome was
trying to make use of the RandR-1.2 API. What version of
randrproto/libXrandr did you install?

--
Dan