On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:05:52 -0500, William Immendorf
<will.immend...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:53 AM, lux-integ <lux-in...@btconnect.com>
> wrote:
>> this is  how I did it a while back  (if it is of  any help - my host
> was
>> amd64 -64BITonly  kernel-2.6.27.7)):-

Apologies for the obvious troll-feeding here everyone, but I just cannot let
this slide:

> This thing you sent me is NOT useful, send some REAL help next time.

William, you obviously haven't learned have you?  The above was incredibly rude
and
completely inappropriate for the LFS community mailing lists.  You do not have
the
right to demand help from anyone (nor does anyone else on these lists).  Help is
provided on a voluntary basis, based on the time and knowledge of the list
readers,
and therefore no assumption should ever be made that you will have your problem
solved
(or even answered!).  Obviously, we do have a lot of knowledgable folks who are
willing
to spend their time answering queries, and for that we are fortunate and should
be
grateful.

If someone does provide assistance, but that doesn't rectify the issue you're
seeing,
common courtesy would be to thank them for their assistance, then explain to
them what
part of their advice didn't work for you and why not (e.g. I ran command x but
it
gave me error message y).

Matt.