Ken Moffet wrote:
> Tried it, just a black box where the video should be.

> I'm now at the stage where a very few videos will render (found 4 so far),
> and even some which were working for me in the early days (when less
> than half worked) no longer play.

I've just compiled Gnash and everything it depends upon and I'm using it
happily in Firefox. Most videos on Youtube render for me, but like yourself
I just get a black window on certain ones; checking the properties on
these videos leads me to believe that this problem is specifically with SWF
10 videos, or more specifically with AVM2. I had to explicitly enable AVM2
in Gnash with --enable-avm2 but this hasn't solved the problem, but
hopefully they might have it ready in early 2010. For now I don't think
there is a lot we can do about it.